Published November 24, 2011
Tags: black, christmas, discount, etsy, friday, shop
Yippee! It’s time for Black Friday! Time to get some of that Christmas shopping out of the way nice and early and with a little bonus, discounts. Hooray. This year, I’m offering the BIGGEST discount I have ever offered for my Knit1Slip1 Etsy Shop and I’m so excited. Been eyeing up my Architect Gloves Pattern? Or know someone who would love a cute cupcake necklace? Fancy treating yourself to a glitzy headband or an ever so cool geometric necklace? Well now it the time to take advantage of our whopping 25% OFF discount code. Just enter the code ‘BLACKFRIDAYWOOP‘ when at the Etsy checkout. It is that easy! I’m making it a priority to package everything up all lovely and ready for gifting as soon as orders are placed and to mail them out within 24 hours so all packages reach their destination long before Christmas.
But you’ll need to get a move on, the offer will only be valid until midday (GMT) on Saturday 26th November.
I’ve been naughty. I went shopping online with the plan to get all sorted for Christmas wrapping and look what I came away with. How awesome is Pinterest? I fell accross this shop a few months ago and while I absolutely loved what they were selling I didn’t feel I could justify any of the purchases. But, having pinned all my favourite things there they were waiting for me when I needed packaging inspiration for Christmas. And check what I splurged on. I love it all!
In my package were: Pink and Lilac Washi Tape (£5.75); ‘To/From’ Rubber Stamp (£2.35); ‘With Love’ Rubber Stamp (£2.35); 40m of Red & White Bakers Twine (£3.90); 20 Pink Striped Paper Bags (£2.49) and finally as a little treat for me 3 Glass Cupcake Decorations (£5.50).
Now it’s just a matter of making/buying the presents to go inside!
Did you manage to catch any Guy Fawkes night celebrations? I love them. I think it stems from coming from a country where fireworks are illegal (Ireland) and so opportunities to view displays are few and far between. I’m like a kid on fireworks day. This year the display was so short (did anyone else think so or just me). It only lasted half an hour. These darn cut backs.
Anyway, the point of this post is to give you a review of just how I managed to get through a month without baking! I have to say it was really really tough. And I almost broke my resolution but it seems in a desperate bid to stay on vacation by oven went kaput. Boo. So no I am completely ovenless and it looks like my no baking is going to continue for some time. So because of our broken oven, it has forced us to finally get on with our plans to change our kitchen. So I’m afraid one or two of my resolutions fell by the way side due to hours and hours spent kitchen shopping (check out what we are thinking with my Pinterest board). So on with how I’ve done –
- Buy a new swimsuit and head for the pool – Ok so I got almost there. Got the swimsuit and even went to the pool. But it hasn’t become a routine. Must try harder next month…
- Visit a museum – Done! We went to see a cool AC/DC exhibition in Glasgow. It was fun getting ‘cultured’ in rock and roll.
- Start a new knitting project – Yes! Ok so it is only a little project and I haven’t completed it yet, but I’ll definitely be showing you it soon. I miss knitting. I need to find more time for it before Christmas.
- Make a new Etsy listing – well I’m cheating on this one and giving myself tonight as an extension. I’ve got everything photographed I just need to post the listing. I’m excited about it so keep an eye out tonight!
- Get eight new Pinterest followers (bringing me up to 40) – Actually I’m at 41 now. Whoop! I hope the momentum keeps up. I love sharing internet finds on my boards. Come stop by sometime.
- Paint the skirting boards and architraves in the apartment – Hmm, well I need an extension on this one too. I’m almost there though, I only have one and a half rooms left. And to be fair I have managed to do a trade off and fit a blind and do this (super proud of that one, wiring is scary)
Overall I’m slowly getting there, but I CANNOT WAIT until I can start baking again in my new oven. Looks like it will probably be another month though. Boo. I’ll keep you posted.
OK, so I know some people (me usually) make a point of loudly tisking as I pass christmas cards and wrapping paper displays in shops in September but that that just ridiculous (Marks and Spencer how could you?!) But equally, I am just a susceptible as the next person to getting carried away with a little festive cheer. So this month (as the object of desire lasts a month) I am caving in and picking the first of my favourite Christmas themed decorations. And this month it was oh so easy. Feast your eyes on this –
A set of 10 utterly adorable and utterly kitsch reindeer lights! Yes rudolph glows. How awesome are these? And while priced at £19.95 they are slightly above budget for what is essentially ten fairy lights I think they are worth it. Have you seen how amazingly retro they are! Right I’m off to dig out the tinsel in preparation….